Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Visit With My American Friend, Margie

This is my friend, Margie. She is from Winchester, Virginia and lives in Canada (Bowmanville, Ontario) Here she is coming out with some goodies to munch on during our visit.
This is Margie's christmas tree which has a little village at the base of it. I thought it was so pretty.

Margie in her kitchen getting the christmas snacks ready to eat.
Well on Tuesday, it was such a nice day, so I thought I would pay my friend a visit. Of course, I did call her up the day before to check to see if it was okay with her. We hadn't visited in quite some time. I got to take the new car out and it drove like a "dream."
Well since it had been some time that I had been at Margie's house...since we previously met at the local Timmy Horton's. So anyhow...once I drove onto her street..I just new I should have had the number to her house. My eyes quickly saw this house with an empty driveway..so I assumed that was hers. Well lo and behold, I got out of the car and things just didn't look quite right..even the color of the trim... I walked up to the door and stood there...just stared with my gift to her in my hand....and realized there was no porch and it was blue trim....a far cry from the orange/salmon colored trim her place is. So I knew it wasn't further down the road...so I looked back up toward the way I travelled...finally I spotted this car...which I knew was her hubby's...and yep...she was back 3 houses down. Boy, what a fool I felt like. I guess my "age" is creeping up on me. So I got to her place...and we had a really nice visit. She is travelling down to Charlotte, North Carolina where her daughter lives and will celebrate christmas there with her and also her son will be there too. He lives in New Hampshire. But it's really nice to have someone from the States to talk with..so I am glad I have a friend like Margie. :o)



No comments: