Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cloud Watching

Strange subject, but as a kid growing up, my sister and I would lie flat on our backs and look up toward the sky and gaze at the clouds. We really enjoyed it. What made it fun was looking for different shapes and things and then calling them off as you see them. I would say to my sister..."Did you see that horse up there?" and she would look for it and say, "Oh yeah, now I see it." We use to do that alot to occupy our time. As you know, we lived out in the countryside on a farm. We had alot of time on our hands and we had to think up fun things to do. Not like what kids do today...play video games, go to the mall to hang out, etc. But during our time, we had to be creative and make up fun things to do and see.

And today, I still gaze up toward the skies...I go out on my back deck and sit back in my comfy chair and look at all the clouds and I even see planes dart back and forth. The skies up here are crystal blue clear during a really nice day. Maybe because we are down by the Lake. Most clouds are to the North of us and they tend to float down later in the afternoon hours. But it's fun also to watch the planes...they are either coming from or to Toronto Pearson's Airport. And they to will disappear beneath the clouds. So it's a nice day up here today and I think I will go out and gaze at the sky and clouds...and maybe a plane or two.

2 comments:

A New England Life said...

What a beautiful picture Debbi! It's not all that often that I notice the clouds as being something special but when I took the girls to the beach last week they were like your picture . . . so white against a gorgeous blue sky!

Unknown said...

Debbi, I can just picture you observing the clouds in your youth. what ever happened to the good old days when we had TIME to do things like that? dad used to let us sleep on a quilt in the back of the truck during meteor showers. so fun.
love and hugs,
n and the pees