Thursday, July 10, 2008

Who Are These Masked Women??

I wanted to share this photo with you all. This here group of gals are part of "card party" my mom was in. My mom is the last gal on the right. The group is made up of 8 gals. This picture was taken on Oct. 31, 1951..yep, Halloween! But they actually went to a "Variety" Talent show in Mt. Upton. And my mom said they sang and danced and they even won 1st prize at the show. She said afterwards she had to go to the church like that because it was her wedding rehearsal night. So anyhow, these girls would hold a card party once a month and they would take turns who would hold it. When it was my mom's turn to hold the party...my sisters and I got to see the gals but then we all had to go to bed. My mom said these card parties continued into the early 60's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that's where Lou learned how to host such fabulous pawties!! what a cool picture Debbi. I love the way it looks like a sepia tone...
xxoo
n and the pees