Thursday, July 17, 2008

Funny but I remember when......


Yes, funny...and odd!! But I do remember way way back as I was growing up that my mom wore these articles of clothing. I know it's a strange thing to bring up in a blog but this was part of my childhood rembrances. I remember my mom wearing these strange and confining garments...yes, undergarments. I think she actually struggled and felt so uncomfortable in them....but yes, it is the Longline form fitting bra and form fitting girdle I am speaking about or at least trying to. When I was a kid, I remember my mom when she would go to special functions...like a wedding or funeral...she would tackle with these items but it was ever so important for her to look good. I guess they "hold" you in. But she particularly had trouble with her bra...there were so many "hooks" on it that she would either ask me or one of my sisters to help hook her up. I can't count the times we had to help her with that. But she squished herself all up in these "duds" of hers. After completely dressing, I believe she pranced in front of her mirror to make sure everything was in place. But I just had to blog about this because I happened to be reflecting upon it a few days back...and I did forewarn her that I was going to blog about it too. So I guess permission was granted. I wonder if there are women today out there squeezing themselves into these confining undergarments. Do you remember if your moms ever wore these things???

1 comment:

A New England Life said...

All I can think of is Madonna. She still wears that stuff I think.

My mom never wore the bra but she may have worn similar bottoms. The new shapers are quite similar though a bit thinner, and sometimes I think about trying them myself to wear under pants/jeans. So far I haven't bought them. Things are getting jigglier all the time.